Our website address is https://levxplorer.com.
LevXplorer an independent dive service provider based in Malta, takes care of your personal data and the way the data is stored and used.
This policy should be read in conjunction with any Terms on our website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
To be able to provide our services, we need to collect some Personal Data about you for a number of reasons. This data may include but is not limited to:
– Your contact details, including name, address, phone number and e-mail,
– Date of birth,
– Card details.
We may collect this information from one of the following resources:
1. From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us.
2. From third parties to whom you have provided information with your consent to pass it on to other organisations or persons
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
You can set your browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website’s features
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Use of your Personal Information
Using Personal Data about our customers is necessary to provide them our services. We shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary:
• We shall keep your personal data for as long as necessary according to local laws and/or third parties, such as PADI, oblige us to do so for security and quality assurance purposes only. After which time all personal data will be destroyed.
• To help us to identify you when you contact us, so that we can provide you the services and products you need. We may use databases with the data you have provided to do this.
• To contact you about improved administration of any services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future. As well as about products and services offered by us where you have expressly consented/requested to us doing so.
• To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling, as well as to create statistical and testing information to improve our internal procedures
• To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
• We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you for the following reasons:
• to comply with a legal obligation
• If the company is acquired by a third party
• If we employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. In this case the companies or individuals will receive only the data that they strictly need to perform their tasks.
• If it’s needed to provide the service you request, for example, we may give your personal data to a certificating agency, such as PADI.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural measures to keep the personal information safe.
We protect access to the emails, web and social media with passwords.
Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails, web-mails and social media, are never a hundred per cent secure. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly.